SAP S/4HANA, which you can run on-premise,in a private or IaaS cloud SAP S/4HANA Cloud, which is offered in the SaaS deployment model focusing on standardization SAP S/4HANA Cloud, single tenant editionoffers more control over the lifecycle
|On-Premise||Private Cloud||Public Cloud|
|Pick your software|
Install what you need and add custom code.
Fully manage your own landscape.
Offering, examples: – SAP S/4HANA – SAP ERP
|Build and manage your cloud.|
Offer services for users inside your firewall. Offering, examples: – Any SAP software you install and run behind your firewall – SAP HANA Enterprise Cloud offers a similar scenario in a managed private cloud
|IaaS: Consume infrastructure as a service (network, CPU, DB, etc.); deploy SAP systems & your own software.|
– Examples offered by SAP partners: Google Cloud Platform, Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure
PaaS: Consume a platform as a service using services managed by SAP; build and control your own apps.
– Offering: SAP Cloud Platform
SaaS: Consume software as a service and benefit from operations being handled for you including provisioning, updates, and security handling.
– Examples: SAP S/4HANA Cloud, SAP SuccessFactors
– On-premise systems only
- Private cloud:
– Systems deployed by the customer on-top of a cloud infrastructure owned by the customer
– Tenant-based / cloud native software solutions deployed by the customer on his own infrastructure
- Managed private cloud:
– Dedicated systems or cloud native solutions and infrastructure run by the provider for the customer
- Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) cloud:
– Systems deployed by the customer on-top of a cloud infrastructure of a provider
– Tenant-based / cloud native software solutions installed and run by the customer on-top of a cloud infrastructure of a provider
- Platform as a Service (PaaS) cloud:
– Tenant-based cloud software, usually, run by the provider, offering infrastructure plus services
– Software developed and deployed by the customer or partner on top of the platform using its services
- Software as a Service (SaaS) cloud:
– Tenant-based cloud software, usually
Certain businesses call for periodic refresh of Production system data into Quality for test purposes. The is performed to make sure more accurate test data is made available in the quality assurance system for the developers and customizing consultants to test their ongoing developments and rollouts. Technically, this would involve a system copy procedure
Landscape is like a server system or like a layout of the servers or some may even call it the architecture of the servers viz. SAP is divided into three different landscape DEV, QAS and PRE PRD / PRD.
– DEV would have multiple clients
– QAS may again have multiple clients
– PRE PRD Client – PRD Client