Reduce Costs and Risks in Your Next SAP System Upgrade
To identify and review available upgrade paths for SAP Business Suite applications consult the product availability matrix and review the SAP products your company has purchased licenses for.
The Product Availability Matrix (PAM) contains information about SAP software releases such as release types, maintenance durations, planned availability, and upgrade paths. Furthermore you can access information about platform availability, including database platform and operating systems.
The project approach is strongly influencing the potential return of investment (ROI) of an SAP upgrade. SAP is differentiating the following three major approaches; each of them follows a different motivation and may lead to different ROI and payback period:
- Focus on pure technology upgrade
- Retain functionality used
- Review usage of custom developments
- New functionality to be implemented as part of the upgrade, modification clearing
- Focus on reduction of system complexity Strategic enhancements
- Focus on functionality extension and improvement
- Enablement of new and optimized business processes and scenario